UK: Foot and mouth enters fifth week in the UK, new cases in France and the Netherlands
The UK has announced further measures in an effort to control the five week-old foot and mouth epidemic in the UK. An accelerated cull of healthy animals is set to begin and more central burial sites are expected to be prepared in the coming days in the worst affected areas. New measures will see all livestock - including cattle - within a two-mile radius of an outbreak slaughtered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre