UK: Foot and mouth handling comes under attack
Safeway Director of Communications, Kevin Hawkins, did not 'pull any punches' during a recent lecture to The Society of Food Hygiene Technology. He was talking about the food industry, the media and the prospects for change post-foot and mouth, and attacked both the government and the media for scare mongering and trying to apportion blame irrespective of the facts. The annual Lecture was attended by more than 250 members and guests of the Society at the Hotel Intercontinental, London.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1