UK: Foot and Mouth will cost three quarters of a billion in 3 months
The NFU has estimated that if the foot and mouth outbreak is not brought under control in three months, the cost to the farming and food industry will be three quarters of a billion pounds. The loss from the export ban and the restriction on movements of animals has been an estimated £21 million in the first week and about £38 million if the rest of the supply chain is included.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival