BELGIUM: Forex weighs on Greenyard Foods sales
Foreign exchange hit Greenyard's sales
Foreign exchange has weighed on sales at Belgium-based frozen and canned food group Greenyard Foods.
The company, renamed after PinguinLutosa sold its Lutosa potato products business to McCain Foods, booked revenue of EUR462.5m (US$625.3m) for the nine months to the end of December, down 0.2% on a year earlier.
Canned foods sales were up 4.3% at EUR161.1m. However, revenue from frozen food, Greenyard's largest division, fell 2.4% to EUR301.4m thanks to changes in the value of sterling and the Brazilian real.
CEO Marleen Vaesen said: "We have achieved a reasonably stable sales value in the first nine months of the accounting year where negative exchange rate results neutralised the growth. Our expectations for the full accounting year remain unchanged. We also continue to build the foundations in order to achieve further growth in sales and profitability for the long term."
Greenyard is set to report its annual results on 20 May.
Click here for the full statement from Greenyard.
McCain Foods Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service off...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Indian processed food company Mother Dairy will launch its first frozen snack - Aloo Tikki, a potato-based Indian delicacy - nationwide by the end of this year, a company executive has told just-food....
Frozen Food in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during August 2014. Using t...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez China
- Fonterra warns on geopolitical unrest, oversupply
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019
- Arla Foods amba - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?