BELGIUM: Forex weighs on Greenyard Foods sales
Foreign exchange hit Greenyard's sales
Foreign exchange has weighed on sales at Belgium-based frozen and canned food group Greenyard Foods.
The company, renamed after PinguinLutosa sold its Lutosa potato products business to McCain Foods, booked revenue of EUR462.5m (US$625.3m) for the nine months to the end of December, down 0.2% on a year earlier.
Canned foods sales were up 4.3% at EUR161.1m. However, revenue from frozen food, Greenyard's largest division, fell 2.4% to EUR301.4m thanks to changes in the value of sterling and the Brazilian real.
CEO Marleen Vaesen said: "We have achieved a reasonably stable sales value in the first nine months of the accounting year where negative exchange rate results neutralised the growth. Our expectations for the full accounting year remain unchanged. We also continue to build the foundations in order to achieve further growth in sales and profitability for the long term."
Greenyard is set to report its annual results on 20 May.
Click here for the full statement from Greenyard.
Synopsis Canadean's "McCain Foods Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
New Zealand seafood processor Sealord has refused to be drawn into speculation the new CEO it is appointing former McCain Foods executive Steve Yung. ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The CEO of Greenyard Foods has claimed the Belgium-based fruit and veg supplier had a "good year of transformation", pointing to higher sales and underlying EBITDA....
McCain Foods India previously focused mainly on sales for out-of-home consumption, as the bulk of its business was contributed by quick-service restaurants, hotels and cafés, such as McDonald’s, KFC, ...
Plimsoll Publishing’s READY MADE MEALS (UK) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the READY MADE MEALS (UK) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 20 companies, includin...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Baking Ingredients category in Australia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data ...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide