UK: Formal MAFF review for UKROFS organics standards body
The UK Register of Organic Food Standards, the governing body controlling the standards to be met in organic food production, is due for a review by the ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food (MAFF) . In light of the absence of a clear legal base for UKROFS, and the considerable growth of the organic sector recently, Elliot Morley, countryside minister, revealed that a formal review would be undertaken soon, the outcome of which could be expected before Easter next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund