UK: Formal MAFF review for UKROFS organics standards body
The UK Register of Organic Food Standards, the governing body controlling the standards to be met in organic food production, is due for a review by the ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food (MAFF) . In light of the absence of a clear legal base for UKROFS, and the considerable growth of the organic sector recently, Elliot Morley, countryside minister, revealed that a formal review would be undertaken soon, the outcome of which could be expected before Easter next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target