USA: Former DFG executives sued by IBP over alleged fraud and embezzlement
The largest beef producer in the US, IBP Inc , announced yesterday that it is suing two former executives of its Chicago-based DFG Foods unit over allegations that the men inflated DFG's financial results by more than US$50m to conceal fraudulent activities. Andrew J. Zahn, the former head of DFG, and Philip Sexauer, the former CFO, are named as defendants in the suit, which IBP explains accuses them of making "numerous false statements to conceal their fraud [and engagement] in self-dealing and embezzlement for personal gain".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill