NEW ZEALAND: Former Fonterra director spills beans on his resignation
Mike Smith, the former director of NZ dairy giant Fonterra who resigned last month, has spoken to farmer members about his decision to leave the company. Smith confirmed what analysts and shareholders had already suspected; that he was unhappy with the governance of the newly created mega-dairy. He told 46 farmer representatives called to a meeting by council chairman John Wilson that the group was in no immediate danger, but that he was concerned "about what the current below-par performance might mean for the future," council member Charlie Pederson is reported as saying by
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival