UK: Former Grampian MD joins poultry firm 2 Sisters
Poultry processor 2 Sisters Food Group has appointed former Grampian Country Food Group executive Eddie Power to a new role of MD of its UK business.
Power, formerly group MD at Grampian, was today (1 November) named as UK managing director of 2 Sisters.
The creation of the role will enable 2 Sisters' chief executive Ranjit Singh to implement the company's corporate strategy for the next five years.
"Eddie has more than 30 years experience working in the food industry with an exceptionally strong record of delivering profits and growth," Singh said.
"We aspire to increase market share and growth by producing the best quality products at the lowest cost. Eddie's appointment fits with 2 Sisters business strategy and provides additional strength and capability to our great team of people."
In July, 2 Sisters completed its acquisition of Dutch poultry processor Storteboom Group, a deal that the company believes will give it a platform to expand into Eastern Europe.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti