USA: Former Winn-Dixie president James Kufeldt dies
James Kufeldt, 63, former president of Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc, died of an extended illness on November 12 at his home in Jacksonville, Florida. Mr. Kufeldt joined Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. as a produce manager in 1961 and steadily advanced within the company. He was promoted to the corporate office in 1966 as Training and Work Methods Director. In 1970 he was promoted to the Tampa Division where he served in many management positions before being promoted to Retail Operations Superintendent of the Miami Division. In 1978 Mr. Kufeldt was named Division Manager of the company's Orlando Division and in 1979 he was elected a Vice President of Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. In 1982 he was named Regional Director of the company's Jacksonville, Orlando and Atlanta divisions. He was elected President and a member of the Board of Directors of Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. in 1988. After serving as President for 11 years, he retired in 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe