JAPAN: Four Itochu Fresh executives to resign over scandal
Four executives of Japanese food retailer Itochu Fresh are to resign on 21 November, taking responsibility for a labelling scandal. Itochu Fresh, a subsidiary of Itochu Corp, sold 113.8 tonnes of Taiwanese eel that was wrongly labelled as Japanese eel in order to get higher prices for the products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry