CANADA: FPI reports sharp rise in Q3 profit
Canadian seafood firm Fishery Products International (FPI) has posted a sharp rise in quarterly profit, boosted by strong performances in most of its units.
The St John's, Newfoundland-based company reported earnings of C$6.6m (US$5.0m), or 42 cents a share, for the third-quarter to 30 September, compared with earnings of $3.5m, or 23 cents a share, a year earlier.
FPI's third-quarter sales rose to $213.3m from $182.5m in the year-ago period, reported Reuters.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report