FRANCE: France Champignon to shed staff
Some 800 jobs, out of a total of 3,000, are under threat at French mushroom production and processing group France Champignon. The group, which has cultivated the renowned "Champignons de Paris" in caves, near Saumur, in western France, since the 1930s, is turning to more efficient and profitable production techniques amid fierce competition from producers in Holland, Spain and China.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project