FRANCE: France in court over prolonged ban on British beef
France's refusal to lift its import ban on British beef despite receiving an "all clear" on BSE fears from the Brussels Commission landed the country in the dock at the European Court of Justice yesterday. The Commission bought the long-awaited case to court, and lawyers are now expected to argue that France failed to fulfill its legal EU obligations by ignoring the Commission's decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses