FRANCE: France in court over prolonged ban on British beef
France's refusal to lift its import ban on British beef despite receiving an "all clear" on BSE fears from the Brussels Commission landed the country in the dock at the European Court of Justice yesterday. The Commission bought the long-awaited case to court, and lawyers are now expected to argue that France failed to fulfill its legal EU obligations by ignoring the Commission's decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail