FRANCE: France in court over prolonged ban on British beef
France's refusal to lift its import ban on British beef despite receiving an "all clear" on BSE fears from the Brussels Commission landed the country in the dock at the European Court of Justice yesterday. The Commission bought the long-awaited case to court, and lawyers are now expected to argue that France failed to fulfill its legal EU obligations by ignoring the Commission's decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action