FRANCE: France in court over prolonged ban on British beef
France's refusal to lift its import ban on British beef despite receiving an "all clear" on BSE fears from the Brussels Commission landed the country in the dock at the European Court of Justice yesterday. The Commission bought the long-awaited case to court, and lawyers are now expected to argue that France failed to fulfill its legal EU obligations by ignoring the Commission's decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves