CROATIA: Franck likely to join consortium to buy retailer Diona
Croatian coffee and snacks company Franck is likely to join a consortium of Croatian food companies which is expected to make a bid for the assets of bankrupt Croatian retailer Diona, it has been reported.
The consortium, named Diona Nova, includes meat processor Gavrilovic, food firm Podravka, confectioner Kras, and dairies Lura and Vindija. It is currently in negotiations with Franck, reported the Croatian News Digest.
The starting price of Diona has recently been reduced to K397m (US$61.6m) from K532m. Diona Nova is expected to submit a bid at the June tender.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target