AUS/CHINA: Freedom Foods strikes Bright Dairy production deal
Freedom said demand from China for "high-quality, value-added product" was on the rise
At its Pactum Dairy Group plant in Victoria, Freedom Foods will manufacture a line to be sold under one of Bright's brands in China.
"We will be supplying a high-quality Australian sourced dairy milk product under the Bright Dairy Excellence Plus Brand in China," MD Rory Macleod told just-food.
Asked if the deal would be the first of a number in China, Macleod said: "We are actively supporting other customers in China and south-east Asia for their specific dairy requirements, although a group such as Bright is clearly an important strategic customer."
Pactum Dairy Group recently commissioned a new A$45m UHT dairy beverage facility in Shepparton to manufacture "high value-added" dairy beverages for "key customers in China and SE Asia".
The facility has initial capacity for 100m litres of dairy milk production, with capability to be increased up to 300m litres in the longer term, Freedom Foods said.
"Australia has a unique advantage in the supply and manufacture of high-quality premium agriculture based foods. With increasing demand from markets in China and SE Asia for high quality value added product, Australia through companies such as Pactum, is well-placed to play an important role in this supply chain."
Freedom Foods Group Ltd aims to strategically focus on the food intolerance free from functional foods space and the broader health and wellness segment by leveraging its established brands, particula...
Retail value growth in health and wellness outpaced that of wider packaged food in 2012, as Australian consumers became increasingly aware of food intolerance and allergies, gaining weight or satiety ...
Chinese food giant Bright Food Group is reportedly planning to list its Australian unit, Manassen Foods, this year....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during May 2014. Summar...
Plimsoll Publishing’s DAIRY PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS (Asia) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the DAIRY PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS (Asia) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the ...
With the popularity of dairy products even in low-tier cities driven by rising disposable incomes, manufacturers are also actively involved in new packaging for new products catering to demand. This p...
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)