AUS/CHINA: Freedom Foods strikes Bright Dairy production deal
Freedom said demand from China for "high-quality, value-added product" was on the rise
At its Pactum Dairy Group plant in Victoria, Freedom Foods will manufacture a line to be sold under one of Bright's brands in China.
"We will be supplying a high-quality Australian sourced dairy milk product under the Bright Dairy Excellence Plus Brand in China," MD Rory Macleod told just-food.
Asked if the deal would be the first of a number in China, Macleod said: "We are actively supporting other customers in China and south-east Asia for their specific dairy requirements, although a group such as Bright is clearly an important strategic customer."
Pactum Dairy Group recently commissioned a new A$45m UHT dairy beverage facility in Shepparton to manufacture "high value-added" dairy beverages for "key customers in China and SE Asia".
The facility has initial capacity for 100m litres of dairy milk production, with capability to be increased up to 300m litres in the longer term, Freedom Foods said.
"Australia has a unique advantage in the supply and manufacture of high-quality premium agriculture based foods. With increasing demand from markets in China and SE Asia for high quality value added product, Australia through companies such as Pactum, is well-placed to play an important role in this supply chain."
Chinese food giant Bright Food Group is reportedly planning to list its Australian unit, Manassen Foods, this year....
Freedom Foods Group Ltd aims to strategically focus on the food intolerance free from functional foods space and the broader health and wellness segment by leveraging its established brands, particula...
The success of Freedom Foods Group Limited has so far been due to rising the wave of concern around health issues, ranging from gluten intolerance to lactose intolerance to a preference for organic fo...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Molasses category in Australia, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution channels, p...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Syrups category in Australia, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution channels, pro...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Syrups category in Australia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on ...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits