French chocolate maker Cemoi expands in US with Just Born tie-up
French chocolate maker Cemoi is expanding in the US in partnership with Just Born Quality Confections, the US's ninth-largest confectioner.
New York-based Just Born and Perpignan-based Cemoi have entered into a sales partnership that will expand distribution of the group's French chocolate products throughout the US. The is the first time that Cemoi's products will be made available nationwide, a spokesperson for Just Born told just-food. Just Born will "fully represent" Cemoi in the market.
"We believe that both Just Born and Cemoi will greatly benefit from combining the two companies' strengths in the integrated sales partnership," said David Yale, Just Born president. "This collaboration gives our loyal customers access to a larger selection of products that we know they'll love."
Cemoi said that the move will help develop its global growth objectives. "Partnering with Just Born has given us the opportunity to become a reputable chocolate brand in the United States and further expand our product line," said Jacques Abeille, spokesperson for Cemoi. "This relationship will be a first step to a long-term business agreement as part of our global strategic growth priorities."
Just Born manufactures brands including Peeps, Hot Tamales and Goldenberg's Peanut Chews. Cemoi offers a range of chocolate products under its namesake brand. The family-owned business operates 21 locations, 14 of which are in France. A spokesperson said it had not yet been determined which products would be rolled out in the US.
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival