FRANCE: French government slams EU fishing policy reforms
The French agriculture ministry has criticised the new EU Commission proposals on fishing. The proposed policy will shrink Europe's fishing industry by up to 60%. The French ministry acknowledged the EU proposals to implement tighter controls, greater efficiency and fish-stocks evaluation are well-intended, but it said the proposed policy "doesn't sufficiently take into account the economic, social and territorial aspects of the fishing industry".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival