USA/FRANCE: French ingredients producer Naturex to expand US nutraceutical activities
Avignon, France-based Naturex has signed a letter of intent to purchase 100% of an unnamed West Coast, California-based company and thus increase the percentage of its turnover generated in the US from 40% to 60%. The French producer of natural ingredients for the flavour, food and nutraceutical industries first entered the US market in 1997. Naturex now claims that with the acquisition of the company, which produces and markets nutraceutical ingredients, it can gain several years of development and a larger segment of the nutraceutical niche. It was in this market that Naturex realised its strongest growth rates during 2001, and through which it grosses 20% of its turnover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill