USA/FRANCE: French ingredients producer Naturex to expand US nutraceutical activities
Avignon, France-based Naturex has signed a letter of intent to purchase 100% of an unnamed West Coast, California-based company and thus increase the percentage of its turnover generated in the US from 40% to 60%. The French producer of natural ingredients for the flavour, food and nutraceutical industries first entered the US market in 1997. Naturex now claims that with the acquisition of the company, which produces and markets nutraceutical ingredients, it can gain several years of development and a larger segment of the nutraceutical niche. It was in this market that Naturex realised its strongest growth rates during 2001, and through which it grosses 20% of its turnover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target