UK: French's launches Smooth & Spicy sauce in UK
The sauce will be available in most major supermarkets including Sainsbury's, Tesco and Whole Foods Market, or online at Amazon with a RRP of GBP1.79 (US$2.80)
Owner of French's mustard brand, Reckitt Benckiser has launched its new Smooth & Spicy sauce in the UK.
The French's Smooth & Spicy sauce is hotter than French's Classic Yellow American mustard but not as hot as English mustard, the company said. It is free from artificial colours and preservatives.
A spokesperson for the company said the product is being rolled-out from the beginning of October and will be in stores by 5 November.
A potential merger combining Symington's and Premier Foods plc's brands was a hot topic for analyst speculation this week. Elsewhere, Australian wholesaler Metcash CEO Andrew Reitzer remained optimist...
M&A in the UK food sector was again a hot topic this week as news emerged that private equity investors could be preparing to merge Premier Foods' unwanted brands with fellow UK food group Symington's...
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour