UK: French's launches Smooth & Spicy sauce in UK
The sauce will be available in most major supermarkets including Sainsbury's, Tesco and Whole Foods Market, or online at Amazon with a RRP of GBP1.79 (US$2.80)
Owner of French's mustard brand, Reckitt Benckiser has launched its new Smooth & Spicy sauce in the UK.
The French's Smooth & Spicy sauce is hotter than French's Classic Yellow American mustard but not as hot as English mustard, the company said. It is free from artificial colours and preservatives.
A spokesperson for the company said the product is being rolled-out from the beginning of October and will be in stores by 5 November.
A potential merger combining Symington's and Premier Foods plc's brands was a hot topic for analyst speculation this week. Elsewhere, Australian wholesaler Metcash CEO Andrew Reitzer remained optimist...
M&A in the UK food sector was again a hot topic this week as news emerged that private equity investors could be preparing to merge Premier Foods' unwanted brands with fellow UK food group Symington's...
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk