UK: French's launches Smooth & Spicy sauce in UK
The sauce will be available in most major supermarkets including Sainsbury's, Tesco and Whole Foods Market, or online at Amazon with a RRP of GBP1.79 (US$2.80)
Owner of French's mustard brand, Reckitt Benckiser has launched its new Smooth & Spicy sauce in the UK.
The French's Smooth & Spicy sauce is hotter than French's Classic Yellow American mustard but not as hot as English mustard, the company said. It is free from artificial colours and preservatives.
A spokesperson for the company said the product is being rolled-out from the beginning of October and will be in stores by 5 November.
A potential merger combining Symington's and Premier Foods plc's brands was a hot topic for analyst speculation this week. Elsewhere, Australian wholesaler Metcash CEO Andrew Reitzer remained optimist...
M&A in the UK food sector was again a hot topic this week as news emerged that private equity investors could be preparing to merge Premier Foods' unwanted brands with fellow UK food group Symington's...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Premier Foods launches "first" American wet sauces
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US