UK: French's launches Smooth & Spicy sauce in UK
The sauce will be available in most major supermarkets including Sainsbury's, Tesco and Whole Foods Market, or online at Amazon with a RRP of GBP1.79 (US$2.80)
Owner of French's mustard brand, Reckitt Benckiser has launched its new Smooth & Spicy sauce in the UK.
The French's Smooth & Spicy sauce is hotter than French's Classic Yellow American mustard but not as hot as English mustard, the company said. It is free from artificial colours and preservatives.
A spokesperson for the company said the product is being rolled-out from the beginning of October and will be in stores by 5 November.
A potential merger combining Symington's and Premier Foods plc's brands was a hot topic for analyst speculation this week. Elsewhere, Australian wholesaler Metcash CEO Andrew Reitzer remained optimist...
M&A in the UK food sector was again a hot topic this week as news emerged that private equity investors could be preparing to merge Premier Foods' unwanted brands with fellow UK food group Symington's...
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- US performance weighs on General Mills
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit