AUSTRALIA: Fresco Supermarkets reveal ambitious expansion plans; may buy Franklins stores
New South Wales (NSW) retailer Fresco Supermarkets is embarking on an ambitious expansion drive in preparation for a listing on the Australian Stock Exchange by 2003. In a bid to gain some of the market share from the sector's few closely-knit competitors, the company has signalled interest in nearly half of the 287 stores currently controlled by beleaguered discount chain
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth