UK: Fresh bid for Homebase may be just what Sainsbury needs
An anonymous venture capital firm is expected to put an end to Sainsbury's last three fraught months with a bid ranging from £900m to £1.1bn for Homebase . The second largest UK home improvements business has been on the market since August, in an attempt to boost the ailing fortunes of the leading supermarket group, and the current negotiations are certainly the most promising following weeks of speculation.The auction held this weekend witnessed the drop out of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw