UK: Fresh bid for Homebase may be just what Sainsbury needs
An anonymous venture capital firm is expected to put an end to Sainsbury's last three fraught months with a bid ranging from £900m to £1.1bn for Homebase . The second largest UK home improvements business has been on the market since August, in an attempt to boost the ailing fortunes of the leading supermarket group, and the current negotiations are certainly the most promising following weeks of speculation.The auction held this weekend witnessed the drop out of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund