UK: Fresh bid for Homebase may be just what Sainsbury needs
An anonymous venture capital firm is expected to put an end to Sainsbury's last three fraught months with a bid ranging from £900m to £1.1bn for Homebase . The second largest UK home improvements business has been on the market since August, in an attempt to boost the ailing fortunes of the leading supermarket group, and the current negotiations are certainly the most promising following weeks of speculation.The auction held this weekend witnessed the drop out of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits