USA: Fresh Brands reports record 2001 sales, flat Q4 earnings
Fresh Brands, Inc, has reported record sales and earnings per share for its fiscal year ended 29 December 2001. Net sales for 2001 were a record US$580.2m, a 15.6% increase over the prior year's sales of US$502.1m. The significant sales increase was largely attributable to the June, 2001 acquisition of Dick's Supermarkets, Inc. Dick's Supermarkets contributed US$57.2m to net sales in 2001. Net earnings for the year were US$7.8m, compared to net earnings of US$7.9m in 2000. Diluted earnings per share for 2001 were $1.48, an 11.3% increase over diluted earnings per share of US$1.33 in the prior year. The improvement in 2001 earnings per share was principally attributable to share repurchases during the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival