USA: Fresh Brands reports record 2001 sales, flat Q4 earnings
Fresh Brands, Inc, has reported record sales and earnings per share for its fiscal year ended 29 December 2001. Net sales for 2001 were a record US$580.2m, a 15.6% increase over the prior year's sales of US$502.1m. The significant sales increase was largely attributable to the June, 2001 acquisition of Dick's Supermarkets, Inc. Dick's Supermarkets contributed US$57.2m to net sales in 2001. Net earnings for the year were US$7.8m, compared to net earnings of US$7.9m in 2000. Diluted earnings per share for 2001 were $1.48, an 11.3% increase over diluted earnings per share of US$1.33 in the prior year. The improvement in 2001 earnings per share was principally attributable to share repurchases during the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery