USA: Fresh Brands reports record 2001 sales, flat Q4 earnings
Fresh Brands, Inc, has reported record sales and earnings per share for its fiscal year ended 29 December 2001. Net sales for 2001 were a record US$580.2m, a 15.6% increase over the prior year's sales of US$502.1m. The significant sales increase was largely attributable to the June, 2001 acquisition of Dick's Supermarkets, Inc. Dick's Supermarkets contributed US$57.2m to net sales in 2001. Net earnings for the year were US$7.8m, compared to net earnings of US$7.9m in 2000. Diluted earnings per share for 2001 were $1.48, an 11.3% increase over diluted earnings per share of US$1.33 in the prior year. The improvement in 2001 earnings per share was principally attributable to share repurchases during the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units