USA: Fresh Brands reports record 2001 sales, flat Q4 earnings
Fresh Brands, Inc, has reported record sales and earnings per share for its fiscal year ended 29 December 2001. Net sales for 2001 were a record US$580.2m, a 15.6% increase over the prior year's sales of US$502.1m. The significant sales increase was largely attributable to the June, 2001 acquisition of Dick's Supermarkets, Inc. Dick's Supermarkets contributed US$57.2m to net sales in 2001. Net earnings for the year were US$7.8m, compared to net earnings of US$7.9m in 2000. Diluted earnings per share for 2001 were $1.48, an 11.3% increase over diluted earnings per share of US$1.33 in the prior year. The improvement in 2001 earnings per share was principally attributable to share repurchases during the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review