USA: Fresh Brands reports record 2001 sales, flat Q4 earnings
Fresh Brands, Inc, has reported record sales and earnings per share for its fiscal year ended 29 December 2001. Net sales for 2001 were a record US$580.2m, a 15.6% increase over the prior year's sales of US$502.1m. The significant sales increase was largely attributable to the June, 2001 acquisition of Dick's Supermarkets, Inc. Dick's Supermarkets contributed US$57.2m to net sales in 2001. Net earnings for the year were US$7.8m, compared to net earnings of US$7.9m in 2000. Diluted earnings per share for 2001 were $1.48, an 11.3% increase over diluted earnings per share of US$1.33 in the prior year. The improvement in 2001 earnings per share was principally attributable to share repurchases during the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs