Fresh Del Monte plans Philippines banana plantation
Del Monte Produce confirms plans to establish banana and pineapple plantation in the Philippines.
Fresh Del Monte Produce has confirmed plans to establish a banana and pineapple plantation in the Philippines.
The plantation, which will run over 6,000 hectares, will be in the Palawan province in the west of the country. Produce grown there is destined for markets in Asia Pacific.
The project will supply fresh cut and fresh fruit.
A spokesperson for Fresh Del Monte would not comment on the reasons behind the move or the size of the company's investment.
However, Fresh Del Monte is reported to be spending US$250m.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch