USA: Fresh Del Monte posts 22% rise in Q2 earnings
US fruit and vegetable producer and distributor Fresh Del Monte Produce has reported a 22% rise in quarterly earnings, helped by acquisitions, a larger distribution network and the weak dollar. Florida-based Fresh Del Monte reported second-quarter profit of US$81.2m, or $1.42 per share, compared with $66.5m, or $1.18 per share, a year earlier. Analysts had been expecting earnings of $1.27 per share for the quarter, reported Dow Jones News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods