USA: Fresh Del Monte posts 22% rise in Q2 earnings
US fruit and vegetable producer and distributor Fresh Del Monte Produce has reported a 22% rise in quarterly earnings, helped by acquisitions, a larger distribution network and the weak dollar. Florida-based Fresh Del Monte reported second-quarter profit of US$81.2m, or $1.42 per share, compared with $66.5m, or $1.18 per share, a year earlier. Analysts had been expecting earnings of $1.27 per share for the quarter, reported Dow Jones News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations