USA/UK: Fresh Del Monte Produce acquires Fisher Foods' UK chilled division
Fresh fruit production and marketing giant Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDM) has agreed to buy out UK-based Fisher Foods Limited's chilled division from the administrative receivers, KPMG. The acquisition includes three premium facilities dedicated to the handling of chilled fresh-cut fruit, bagged and dressed salads, and fresh-cut vegetables. The purchase will be funded by FDM's existing revolving credit facility and will more than double its fresh-cut revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin