USA/UK: Fresh Del Monte Produce acquires Fisher Foods' UK chilled division
Fresh fruit production and marketing giant Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDM) has agreed to buy out UK-based Fisher Foods Limited's chilled division from the administrative receivers, KPMG. The acquisition includes three premium facilities dedicated to the handling of chilled fresh-cut fruit, bagged and dressed salads, and fresh-cut vegetables. The purchase will be funded by FDM's existing revolving credit facility and will more than double its fresh-cut revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre