US: Fresh Del Monte Produce launches Nature Made meals, snacks
Del Monte salad bowls
Fresh Del Monte Produce is launching a line of on-the-go meals and snacks in the US under the Nature Made brand.
The new products include single-serve salads - such as Caesar salad with white chicken and turkey and bacon cobb salad. Innovation addressing the breakfast occasion includes turkey sausage links and pancake pack that contains grapes, apples, pancakes, turkey breakfast sausage and syrup.
The group is also introducing fresh fruit and protein snack packs such as turkey and Swiss - which is made up of grapes, apples, turkey, Swiss cheese and crackers. The group will also provide a "larger variety" of fresh-cut items, Del Monte added.
"We are excited to launch our newest product line that will include salads and snack packs," Dennis Christou, vice president of marketing, North America, said.
"Our focus is the on-the-go consumer seeking a convenient, healthy and complete meal. Our new product range makes it easy to eat healthy, with delicious and nutritious salads made with premium-quality ingredients complete with a fork, dressing, and even an after-meal breath mint. As one of the largest fresh-cut suppliers, extending our product line to include salads and snacks for the on-the-go consumer was a logical move."
The new products will initially be available in the south central and midwest markets and there are plans for future expansion in other markets.
In order to support this innovation drive, Del Monte said it is expanding its production capabilities. The group has expanded it operating facilities and production lines in Dallas, where it has opened a new USDA-certified facility. The company did not detail the scale of the investment.
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus