USA: Fresh Del Monte Produce sees increase in Q1 net income
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc., one of the largest producers and marketers of fresh and packaged fresh-cut fruit and vegetables in the world, generated a net income of US$67.1m for the Q1 ended 29 March 2002, up from US$41.1m year on year. Improved pricing across the product mix and the company's ongoing efforts to trim costs, improve operating efficiencies and debt reductions drove these positive results, Del Monte said in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses