USA: Fresh Del Monte Produce sees increase in Q1 net income
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc., one of the largest producers and marketers of fresh and packaged fresh-cut fruit and vegetables in the world, generated a net income of US$67.1m for the Q1 ended 29 March 2002, up from US$41.1m year on year. Improved pricing across the product mix and the company's ongoing efforts to trim costs, improve operating efficiencies and debt reductions drove these positive results, Del Monte said in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs