Fresh Del Monte Produce targets food-to-go in Saudi Arabia
Del Monte expands in food-to-go
Fresh Del Monte Produce has launched its Fresh Market retail concept in Saudi Arabia in a bid to tap into growing demand for healthy food-to-go options in the market.
The product line up includes "ultra-fresh" juices, smoothies and freshly made salads, wraps and muffins, Del Monte said. The concept is being debuted at Abyat Mall, the group added.
"The growing appetite for healthier snacks and on-the-go food has opened up a new market catering for the health-conscious," said Mohammed Abbas, vice president of Fresh Del Monte's fresh division. "We want to encourage everyone to make healthy choices, whether that means a high-protein wrap, an ultra-fresh juice or a protein-rich salad."
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes