CANADA: Fresh Del Monte Produce to open first Canada facility
The plant will serve the Ontario and Quebec regions
Fresh Del Monte Produce is expanding in Canada with the opening of its first fresh-cut processing facility in the country.
The 108,000 sq ft Oshawa-based plant will serve Ontario and Quebec, a spokesperson for Fresh Del Monte told just-food today (7 August). Operations are expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2013.
The plant will accommodate 16 trucks simultaneously and also serve as a forward distribution centre for fresh produce.
"This facility will be the home of one of our most sophisticated fresh cut fruit and vegetable processing plants in our system and is designed to service all channels including conventional and non-conventional retailers, super centers, military, convenience stores, food service, and many other outlets," the spokesperson said.
"We will also be utilizing the facility as a banana ripening center as well as a forward distribution center for a variety of our fresh products."
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis