CANADA: Fresh Del Monte Produce to open first Canada facility
The plant will serve the Ontario and Quebec regions
Fresh Del Monte Produce is expanding in Canada with the opening of its first fresh-cut processing facility in the country.
The 108,000 sq ft Oshawa-based plant will serve Ontario and Quebec, a spokesperson for Fresh Del Monte told just-food today (7 August). Operations are expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2013.
The plant will accommodate 16 trucks simultaneously and also serve as a forward distribution centre for fresh produce.
"This facility will be the home of one of our most sophisticated fresh cut fruit and vegetable processing plants in our system and is designed to service all channels including conventional and non-conventional retailers, super centers, military, convenience stores, food service, and many other outlets," the spokesperson said.
"We will also be utilizing the facility as a banana ripening center as well as a forward distribution center for a variety of our fresh products."
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights