USA: Fresh Express Announces Voluntary Recall of Real Bacon Crumbles Iceberg Lover's Iceberg Salad Due to Discovery of Plastic Pieces in Real Bacon Crumbles Packet
Fresh Express has announced that the company is voluntarily recalling its Real Bacon Crumbles Iceberg Lover's Iceberg Salad with a best if used by date of September 10, 2000 or earlier, due to the possibility that small pieces of plastic may be found in some of the bacon packets. The bacon crumbles are contained in a separate plastic packet. These packets are purchased by Fresh Express from an independent supplier and inserted into the salad, according to Fresh Express President and COO Mark Drever. The recall applies to 12-ounce Real Bacon Crumbles Iceberg Lover's Iceberg Salad with a best if used by date of September 10, 2000 or earlier. This best if used by date is located on the top right corner on the front of the salad package. The products were distributed to retail grocery stores nationwide. No injuries or complaints have been reported as a result of this situation, and no other Fresh Express products are affected by this action. Consumers who may have purchased any Real Bacon Crumbles Iceberg Lover's Iceberg Salad with a best if used by date of September 10th or earlier should not consume them. Fresh Express advises any consumers who may have this product at home to return it to their local retailer or discard it immediately. Consumers may obtain a full refund by returning the product to their local retailer or by calling 800/242-5472 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST. Consumers with questions can also call this number. Fresh Express has notified its supplier of the bacon packets about the problem and has ceased using product from this supplier until the problem has been resolved. "Fresh Express is taking every precaution possible to protect the health and well being of our consumers, and we will work diligently with our supplier until this issue is resolved." Information about the recall may also be found at Fresh Express's Web site
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review