DENMARK: Fresh garlic causes severe burns
A woman in Denmark spent time in hospital after using garlic as a herbal remedy. Two days previously she had applied 15 slices of fresh garlic to her knee in an attempt to relieve chronic pain. Cling film was applied on top and the leg was bound with a scarf. Despite a stinging, burning sensation, the woman kept the garlic poultice on for three hours.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations