JAPAN: Fresh scandal at Snow Brand Milk over out-of-date butter
Hideki Takenouchi, MD of beleaguered dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products (SBMP), bowed deeply at a recent press conference to apologise for the company's latest embarrassed scandal. It came to light late last month that since March last year, SBMP has extended the expiry dates on 760 tons of frozen butter from a factory in Betsukai on northern Hokkaido that was older than the 18-month limit. The
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever