USA: Friendly Ice Cream Corp ratings upped after successful refinancing
Standard & Poor's Friday raised its corporate credit rating on Friendly Ice Cream Corp to single-`B' from single-`B'-minus and raised its senior unsecured debt rating to single-`B'-minus from triple-`C'-plus. The outlook is stable. The upgrade is based on the company's restored financial flexibility following the successful completion of its refinancing plan. The refinancing includes a US$34.5m sale and leaseback of 45 restaurants, US$55m in long-term mortgages secured by 75 restaurants, and a US$30m revolving credit facility. The plan also includes the repurchase of about US$21m of its 10.5% senior notes due in 2007.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods