USA: Friendly Ice Cream Corp ratings upped after successful refinancing
Standard & Poor's Friday raised its corporate credit rating on Friendly Ice Cream Corp to single-`B' from single-`B'-minus and raised its senior unsecured debt rating to single-`B'-minus from triple-`C'-plus. The outlook is stable. The upgrade is based on the company's restored financial flexibility following the successful completion of its refinancing plan. The refinancing includes a US$34.5m sale and leaseback of 45 restaurants, US$55m in long-term mortgages secured by 75 restaurants, and a US$30m revolving credit facility. The plan also includes the repurchase of about US$21m of its 10.5% senior notes due in 2007.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund