USA: Friendly Ice Cream Corporation Announces American Stock Exchange Listing
Friendly Ice Cream Corporation today announced that effective Thursday, June 8, 2000, its common stock will begin trading on the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) under the symbol "FRN". The Company has selected AGS Specialist Partners as its specialist firm. Friendly Ice Cream Corporation's Chairman & CEO Donald N. Smith commented, "We are looking forward to having our stock trade on the American Stock Exchange and believe that the move should, over time, result in a higher level of liquidity and a more orderly marketplace for the Company's stock. Also, the AMEX offers many opportunities to increase Friendly's visibility with key investment professionals." Currently, the Company has operations in 16 states with a high concentration in the Northeast with 488 Company operated and 105 franchised restaurants. Additional information on Friendly Ice Cream Corporation can be found on the Company's website (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund