USA: Friendly Ice Cream Corporation Announces American Stock Exchange Listing
Friendly Ice Cream Corporation today announced that effective Thursday, June 8, 2000, its common stock will begin trading on the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) under the symbol "FRN". The Company has selected AGS Specialist Partners as its specialist firm. Friendly Ice Cream Corporation's Chairman & CEO Donald N. Smith commented, "We are looking forward to having our stock trade on the American Stock Exchange and believe that the move should, over time, result in a higher level of liquidity and a more orderly marketplace for the Company's stock. Also, the AMEX offers many opportunities to increase Friendly's visibility with key investment professionals." Currently, the Company has operations in 16 states with a high concentration in the Northeast with 488 Company operated and 105 franchised restaurants. Additional information on Friendly Ice Cream Corporation can be found on the Company's website (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales