USA: Friendly Ice Cream Corporation reports 67 percent increase in second quarter net income
Friendly Ice Cream Corporation yesterday reported that net income for the second quarter of 2001 was $5.0 million, or $.68 per share, a 67% increase as compared to net income of $3.0 million, or $.40 per share, for the quarter ended July 2, 2000. The growth in second quarter net income was the result of a 1.4% increase in comparable restaurant sales revenue, an improvement of 1.4 percentage points in restaurant margins and $3.8 million in gains from re-franchising sales. Exclusive of restructuring charges, write-downs, gains on franchise sales and dispositions of other properties and equipment, income before income taxes increased by $1.1 million, or 35%, to $4.2 million for the second quarter of 2001 from $3.1 million in the same quarter of 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group