USA: Friendly's CFO resigns
"Paul Kelley has been a valuable member of senior management for the past year and was instrumental in reorganizing the financial department, building a strong team that will continue to manage the day-to-day financial affairs of the Company," said Donald N. Smith, Friendly Ice Cream Corporation's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
The Company started an active search for a CFO. In the interim, Paul J. McDonald will advise the company on financial matters. McDonald, an experienced financial professional, is a special advisor to Friendly's Board and was formerly Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Friendly Ice Cream Corporation. McDonald retired from the CFO position in January 2000 after 24 years with Friendly's.
Friendly's is a full-service, family restaurant operator and has a leading position in premium frozen dessert sales in the Northeast. The Company owns and operates over 440 and franchises over 120 full-service restaurants in 17 states and manufactures a complete line of packaged frozen desserts distributed through more than 3,500 supermarkets and other retail locations. Friendly Ice Cream Corporation is a publicly traded company trading on AMEX under the symbol FRN.
Sectors: Ice cream
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund