UK: Friends of the Earth to take legal action over GM rice
Environmental pressure group Friends of the Earth has taken the first step in mounting a legal challenge to the UK Food Standards Agency (FSA) for its failure to take appropriate action to prevent illegal GM rice from being sold to the public, following the discovery of GM-contaminated rice in own-label packs sold by UK supermarket chain Morrisons.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action