NETHERLANDS: Friesland arm strikes Europe deal
Friesland Foods Domo, the food ingredients arm of Dutch dairy group Friesland Foods, has named its European distribution partner.
The company said this morning (1 October) that Netherlands-based IMCD would act as its sales, marketing and distribution partner on the continent.
"We chose IMCD because of their professional approach to the pharmaceutical and food industry throughout Europe," Friesland Foods Domo MD Roelof Joosten said
The deal excludes the Spanish market, Friesland Foods Domo added.
The company develops and sells ingredients and semi-finished products based on whey and milk, such as whey protein concentrates and bio-functional ingredients.
The issues that dominated the food industry last year - the enviornment and obesity - are likely to be high on the agenda as we head through 2008. But will the continuing rise in commodity costs lead ...
Campina, the Dutch dairy group, said today (20 March) that a sharp rise in revenue from its ingredients business drove higher group sales last year....
Friesland Foods, the Dutch dairy group, saw profits jump 16% last year as revenues from its dairy ingredients business rose on the back of higher commodity prices....
Australian dairy firm Warrnambool Cheese and Butter has seen half-year profits more than double thanks to the healthy price of dairy commodities....
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Equistone puts Whitworths up for sale