NETHERLANDS: Friesland Coberco to close cheese factory
Dutch dairy company Friesland Coberco Dairy Foods is to close its Frico Cheese factory in Assen, northern Netherlands by mid-2005. The company will move its production capacity and 65 employees to its factory in Bedum, northern Netherlands, reported the Dutch News Digest. Friesland Coberco has been reorganising its factories since 2002, and has so far decided to close four out of 13 plants. The factories that are to be closed are considered to be unprofitable and do not have the capacity for expansion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk