NETHERLANDS: Friesland cuts jobs and focuses on Hungary plant
Friesland Foods has outlined plans to focus its Central European production of fresh dairy products in Debrecen, Hungary, including subsequent job losses.
As a result of the centralisation, the production location in Gyöngyös, Hungary, will be closed in January 2007 and talks on the sale of the production location in Nagybánhegyes, Hungary, are in progress with a third party, the company said.
The concentration of production and the transfer of activities will lead to the loss of 154 jobs at the two production locations, while 75 new jobs will be created in Debrecen.
Friesland said it will invest EUR10m (US$13.3m) in capacity expansion and modernisation at the Debrecen location, in order to improve efficiency, respond to growing demand and further improve logistics.
In addition, part of the company's production at Nitra, Slovakia, will also be transferred to Debrecen, leading to the loss of at least 160 jobs, and talks are being conducted with a third party on the acquisition of the production location and the sales activities in the country.
Friesland said that as it holds a modest market position in Slovakia, which is not expected to improve with the available resources, a decision has been made to discontinue its activities there.
Dutch dairy company Royal Friesland Foods generated net profit of EUR128m (US$168.6m) for fiscal 2006. This represents a year-on-year increase of 22% driven by growth in its dairy units in Asia, Afric...
Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory has signed a memorandum of understanding with Friesland Foods Domo, establishing a 50/50 joint venture to manufacture ingredients for the food, infant nutrition, ...
According to Vietnamese reports, Planning and Investment Service of northern Ha Nam province have granted Dutch Lady Vietnam a license to begin its US$40m plan to expand production in t region....
Dutch dairy concern Royal Friesland Foods posted a net profit of EUR58m (US$73.8m) for the first half of 2006, up from EUR45m reported in the year-ago period....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review