NETHERLANDS: FrieslandCampina appoints ingredients executive
Dutch dairy group FrieslandCampina has appointed Rolelof Joosten as executive director of the company's ingredients division.
He will take over COO Frans Visser's responsibilities from 1 January 2011 when Visser retires.
Joosten will oversee the continuing development of special ingredients for the food and pharmaceutical divisions and will report to chief executive Cees 't Hart.
Joosten is currently managing director of FreislandCampina Domo and has been with the company since 2004.
Visser has been a member of the excutive board and chief operating officer of the ingredients division since 1 January 2009. He is responsible for the industrial activities of FrieslandCampina DMV, FrieslandCampina Domo, FrieslandCampina Kievit, FrieslandCampina Creamy Creation and FrieslandCampina Dairy Feed.
The creeping consolidation in Europe's dairy sector has continued this year, with confirmed or mooted mergers in Austria, France and Germany marking the industry's more notable moves and, today (17 De...
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre