NETHERLANDS: FrieslandCampina, Bongrain form French cheese JV
The venture will produce Royal FrieslandCampina branded cheese
The joint venture, which will take effect from 1 January, will have "limited scope", FrieslandCampina said.
However, the Dutch firm said the venture will produce FrieslandCampina-branded cheese.
The company claimed it will contribute its "expertise" in hard and semi-hard cheese production, while Bongrain will offer its knowledge of the French market.
Earlier this month, FrieslandCampina announced plans to cut over 200 jobs across its business in Germany in a bid to "improve competitiveness".
For more exclusive comment from FrieslandCampina on the venture, click here.
FrieslandCampina and Bongrain will enter joint venture for the sale of branded cheese products on the French retail market
Royal FrieslandCampina NV does not intend to acquire the French Dairy Company, Bongrain SA.
With effect from 1 January 2013, both parties will enter into a joint venture with limited scope. The joint venture will be responsible for the sale of Royal FrieslandCampina branded cheese products on the French retail market. Royal FrieslandCampina will contribute its expertise in hard and semi-hard cheese production to the partnership. Bongrain will contribute its knowledge of the French branded cheese retail market.
Original source: FrieslandCampina
Netherlands-based dairy giant FrieslandCampina will shut a cheese plant in Romania next month....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits