NETHERLANDS: FrieslandCampina, Bongrain form French cheese JV
The venture will produce Royal FrieslandCampina branded cheese
The joint venture, which will take effect from 1 January, will have "limited scope", FrieslandCampina said.
However, the Dutch firm said the venture will produce FrieslandCampina-branded cheese.
The company claimed it will contribute its "expertise" in hard and semi-hard cheese production, while Bongrain will offer its knowledge of the French market.
Earlier this month, FrieslandCampina announced plans to cut over 200 jobs across its business in Germany in a bid to "improve competitiveness".
For more exclusive comment from FrieslandCampina on the venture, click here.
FrieslandCampina and Bongrain will enter joint venture for the sale of branded cheese products on the French retail market
Royal FrieslandCampina NV does not intend to acquire the French Dairy Company, Bongrain SA.
With effect from 1 January 2013, both parties will enter into a joint venture with limited scope. The joint venture will be responsible for the sale of Royal FrieslandCampina branded cheese products on the French retail market. Royal FrieslandCampina will contribute its expertise in hard and semi-hard cheese production to the partnership. Bongrain will contribute its knowledge of the French branded cheese retail market.
Original source: FrieslandCampina
Netherlands-based dairy giant FrieslandCampina will shut a cheese plant in Romania next month....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details