CHINA: FrieslandCampina, Huishan in infant-formula JV talks
Friesland Campina and Huishan are in talks to launch an infant formula joint venture in China.
Dutch dairy firm FrieslandCampina has announced it has entered into discussions with China Huishan Dairy Holdings Company for an infant-formula joint venture.
Under mooted plans, FrieslandCampina said the companies would "leverage their experience and expertise "to produce, market and sell infant formula products in China. Huishan will provide raw milk from its own dairy farms in China to the joint venture, which would manufacture the formula.
Both companies will continue to run their existing infant formula businesses separately in the market. Huishan will carry on marketing its own brands and FrieslandCampina’s Friso brand will still be produced in the Netherlands and marketed by the Dutch co-op.
However, FrieslandCampina said the purpose of the joint venture is to operate a "fully integrated infant milk formula supply chain" to sell infant formula products in China.
A joint statement from the firm read: "Huishan and FrieslandCampina believe that the proposed joint venture will benefit from their respective production, sales and marketing capabilities. The companies already successfully cooperate in the production of non-dairy creamers".
Royal FrieslandCampina N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
FrieslandCampina Hellas will continue to invest heavily in the prominent baby food category with new products, yet it will also try to strengthen its position within dairy products through price cuts ...
Royal FrieslandCampina NV is looking to strengthen its position in dairy in the Netherlands. To this end, it is focusing on offering added value to consumers both through the consistent launch of more...
FrieslandCampina is the leading company within BFY packaged food, but its overall presence within HW packaged food is rather limited due to weak value share in other health and wellness categories. Ho...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis