CHINA: FrieslandCampina, Huishan in infant-formula JV talks
Friesland Campina and Huishan are in talks to launch an infant formula joint venture in China.
Dutch dairy firm FrieslandCampina has announced it has entered into discussions with China Huishan Dairy Holdings Company for an infant-formula joint venture.
Under mooted plans, FrieslandCampina said the companies would "leverage their experience and expertise "to produce, market and sell infant formula products in China. Huishan will provide raw milk from its own dairy farms in China to the joint venture, which would manufacture the formula.
Both companies will continue to run their existing infant formula businesses separately in the market. Huishan will carry on marketing its own brands and FrieslandCampina’s Friso brand will still be produced in the Netherlands and marketed by the Dutch co-op.
However, FrieslandCampina said the purpose of the joint venture is to operate a "fully integrated infant milk formula supply chain" to sell infant formula products in China.
A joint statement from the firm read: "Huishan and FrieslandCampina believe that the proposed joint venture will benefit from their respective production, sales and marketing capabilities. The companies already successfully cooperate in the production of non-dairy creamers".
Royal FrieslandCampina N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
FrieslandCampina generates most of its sales in the dairy category. The company has been expanding in emerging markets, most recently with the acquisition of Alaska Milk Corp in the Philippines. The c...
FrieslandCampina Hellas will continue to invest heavily in the prominent baby food category with new products, yet it will also try to strengthen its position within dairy products through price cuts ...
Royal FrieslandCampina NV is looking to strengthen its position in dairy in the Netherlands. To this end, it is focusing on offering added value to consumers both through the consistent launch of more...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)