FrieslandCampina launches Optiwell yoghurt drink in UK, Ireland
FrieslandCampina said Optiwell will create "new sub-category" in UK
FrieslandCampina, the Dutch dairy co-operative, is launching its Optiwell yoghurt drink in the UK and Ireland.
Optiwell is aimed at health-conscious women between 25 and 40. The fat-free drink contains no added sugar and it is 64 calories per 20cl glass.
It will be available from early September in 33cl and one-litre formats, in strawberry & raspberry and peach & apricot flavours.
FrieslandCampina sells a yoghurt drink under the Optimel brand in the Netherlands. It uses the Optiwell brand in Germany, for products including spoonable yoghurts and desserts.
FrieslandCampina is backing the UK launch with a GBP25m (US$39.4m) campaign, featuring television presenter Holly Willoughby, who will be the brand's ambassador. The company flagged Willoughby's 1.3m Facebook fans and 6m Twitter followers, "who she will tell about Optiwell".
The marketing campaign, 'Optiwell. Thank Goodness', will see FrieslandCampina features national advertising including outdoor, women’s press and online, as well as digital activity and sampling.
Tracey Barney, managing director of FrieslandCampina's UK arm, said: "The backing of a leading dairy company like FrieslandCampina will allow it to become a valuable, established brand in the UK. As a delicious healthy yoghurt drink aimed at adults, it will create a new, dairy-based sub-category."
FrieslandCampina Hellas will continue to invest heavily in the prominent baby food category with new products, but it also aims to strengthen its position within dairy products through price cuts and ...
In Thailand, the company’s aim is to continue providing dairy products of the highest quality, supported by service excellence for its member dairy farmers, employees, consumers and society, as well a...
FrieslandCampina Vietnam Co Ltd targets being the leading player in dairy and baby food in the country....
FrieslandCampina has a strong reach in two complementary categories, baby food and dairy....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review