INDIA: FrieslandCampina silent over Parag "takeover talks"
FrieslandCampina has issued a "no comment" over talks it is looking to acquire a majority stake in Indian daiy firm Parag Milk Foods
FrieslandCampina has refused to comment over speculation it is in discussions to buy a majority stake in Indian dairy firm Parag Milk Foods.
The Economic Times, citing "people with direct knowledge of the deal", claimed the Dutch dairy giant was looking to acquire 60-75% of Parag.
A spokesperson for FrieslandCampina however told just-food today (12 May) it did "not comment on rumours".
FrieslandCampina, which has operations in a number of markets across Asia and Africa, does not have a presence in India
Parag Milk Foods produces a range of dairy products including fresh and homogenised milk, ghee, yoghurt, butter and cheese. It also exports to the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
Parag did not respond to requests for comment when approached by just-food.
The last major investment from a dairy multinational in India came in January when Lactalis acquired Tirumala Milk Products.
Royal FrieslandCampina N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
FrieslandCampina plans to roll out the new bio-based packaging set to be used for some of its milk products in the Netherlands across more of the lines it sells domestically....
FrieslandCampina Hellas will continue to invest heavily in the prominent baby food category with new products, yet it will also try to strengthen its position within dairy products through price cuts ...
Royal FrieslandCampina NV is looking to strengthen its position in dairy in the Netherlands. To this end, it is focusing on offering added value to consumers both through the consistent launch of more...
FrieslandCampina is the leading company within BFY packaged food, but its overall presence within HW packaged food is rather limited due to weak value share in other health and wellness categories. Ho...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020