INDIA: FrieslandCampina silent over Parag "takeover talks"
FrieslandCampina has issued a "no comment" over talks it is looking to acquire a majority stake in Indian daiy firm Parag Milk Foods
The Economic Times, citing "people with direct knowledge of the deal", claimed the Dutch dairy giant was looking to acquire 60-75% of Parag.
A spokesperson for FrieslandCampina however told just-food today (12 May) it did "not comment on rumours".
FrieslandCampina, which has operations in a number of markets across Asia and Africa, does not have a presence in India
Parag Milk Foods produces a range of dairy products including fresh and homogenised milk, ghee, yoghurt, butter and cheese. It also exports to the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
Parag did not respond to requests for comment when approached by just-food.
The last major investment from a dairy multinational in India came in January when Lactalis acquired Tirumala Milk Products.
Following the growth seen by dairy in Romania over the review period, FrieslandCampina Romania is focused on improving its manufacturing, distribution, sales and communication, to better reach target ...
FrieslandCampina Hellas will continue to invest heavily in the prominent baby food category with new products, but it also aims to strengthen its position within dairy products through price cuts and ...
FrieslandCampina Vietnam Co Ltd targets being the leading player in dairy and baby food in the country....
Royal Friesland Campina NV will most likely seek new ways to strengthen its position in dairy in the Netherlands over the forecast period....
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- More M&A likely at McCormick - editor's viewpoint
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition