INDIA: FrieslandCampina silent over Parag "takeover talks"
FrieslandCampina has issued a "no comment" over talks it is looking to acquire a majority stake in Indian daiy firm Parag Milk Foods
FrieslandCampina has refused to comment over speculation it is in discussions to buy a majority stake in Indian dairy firm Parag Milk Foods.
The Economic Times, citing "people with direct knowledge of the deal", claimed the Dutch dairy giant was looking to acquire 60-75% of Parag.
A spokesperson for FrieslandCampina however told just-food today (12 May) it did "not comment on rumours".
FrieslandCampina, which has operations in a number of markets across Asia and Africa, does not have a presence in India
Parag Milk Foods produces a range of dairy products including fresh and homogenised milk, ghee, yoghurt, butter and cheese. It also exports to the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
Parag did not respond to requests for comment when approached by just-food.
The last major investment from a dairy multinational in India came in January when Lactalis acquired Tirumala Milk Products.
Royal FrieslandCampina N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
Synopsis Canadean's "Koninklijke FrieslandCampina N.V.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profil...
Following the growth seen by dairy in Romania over the review period, despite the poor economic climate in the country, FrieslandCampina Romania is focused on improving its manufacturing, distribution...
FrieslandCampina generates most of its sales in the dairy category. The company has been expanding in emerging markets, most recently with the acquisition of Alaska Milk Corp in the Philippines. The c...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report