INDIA: FrieslandCampina silent over Parag "takeover talks"
FrieslandCampina has issued a "no comment" over talks it is looking to acquire a majority stake in Indian daiy firm Parag Milk Foods
FrieslandCampina has refused to comment over speculation it is in discussions to buy a majority stake in Indian dairy firm Parag Milk Foods.
The Economic Times, citing "people with direct knowledge of the deal", claimed the Dutch dairy giant was looking to acquire 60-75% of Parag.
A spokesperson for FrieslandCampina however told just-food today (12 May) it did "not comment on rumours".
FrieslandCampina, which has operations in a number of markets across Asia and Africa, does not have a presence in India
Parag Milk Foods produces a range of dairy products including fresh and homogenised milk, ghee, yoghurt, butter and cheese. It also exports to the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
Parag did not respond to requests for comment when approached by just-food.
The last major investment from a dairy multinational in India came in January when Lactalis acquired Tirumala Milk Products.
FrieslandCampina Hellas will continue to invest heavily in the prominent baby food category with new products, yet it will also try to strengthen its position within dairy products through price cuts ...
FrieslandCampina plans to roll out the new bio-based packaging set to be used for some of its milk products in the Netherlands across more of the lines it sells domestically....
Royal FrieslandCampina NV is looking to strengthen its position in dairy in the Netherlands. To this end, it is focusing on offering added value to consumers both through the consistent launch of more...
FrieslandCampina is the leading company within BFY packaged food, but its overall presence within HW packaged food is rather limited due to weak value share in other health and wellness categories. Ho...
"The Future of the Soy Products Market in the United States to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and c...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015