NETHERLANDS: FrieslandCampina to cut jobs in Germany
Jobs will be cut across FrieslandCampina's Cologne, Gütersloh and Heilbronn sites
Dutch dairy giant FrieslandCampina is to cut over 200 jobs across its business in Germany.
The move is being made in a bid to "improve competitiveness", the firm said today (10 December). The programme will involve the modernisation of its facilities in Cologne, Gütersloh and Heilbronn.
Jobs will be cut across its Cologne, Gütersloh and Heilbronn sites, but the company said facilities will not be closed as a result of the move.
"The aim of the investment programme is to strengthen the company's competitiveness in Germany," the company said. "With these investments, FrieslandCampina is clearly indicating its commitment to the German market and to its German brands."
The company said "additional measures need to be taken" as a result of the German market for dairy products being "so intensely competitive".
FrieslandCampina said it will be beginning negotiations with the works councils "immediately" for all employees involved.
Click here for just-food's interview with FrieslandCampina on the changes in Germany.
Netherlands-based dairy giant FrieslandCampina will shut a cheese plant in Romania next month....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights