NETHERLANDS/NZ: FrieslandCampina to invest in Synlait Milk
FrieslandCampina said it will buy a 7.5% stake in Synlait when the company lists in New Zealand on 23 July.
COO Roelof Joosten said: "In recent years, we have developed a close working relationship with Synlait Milk, a supplier of high-quality raw materials. With this investment, we are supporting our supply of raw materials and also the growth of Synlait Milk."
At present, Synlait Milk is owned by China's Bright Dairy and Synlait Ltd, a private New Zealand company part-owned by Japan's Mitsui. Bright, which owns 51% of Synlait Milk, will see its stake reduced to around 40% after the IPO. Mitsui will also still hold a stake in the business after the listing.
Synlait Milk has said the IPO on the New Zealand stock market should raise NZ$75m (US$58.4m) in new capital to help reduce debt and press on with capital projects.
UK industry moves to lower saturated fat were met last week with criticism in campaign circles. Health issues have also made headlines in Mexico, where the country's Senate has backed plans for a snac...
Chinese food and beverage group Tingyi Holdings plans to form a joint venture with Japanese food and drinks maker Asahi to sell infant formula and baby products in China....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report