THAILAND: Frito-Lay gears up for snacks launch
Frito-Lay (Thailand), the local arm of PepsiCo's snack food operations, is to up its spending on promotions by 50% this year in a bid to capture a greater share of the competitive local market. MD Peter Gutierrez explained that the company will spend up to 400 million baht (US$9.5m) on promotions as it introduces a range of new snacks into a fragmented area already stacked with around 360 different salty snack brands.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action