USA: Frito-Lay to launch reduced-fat crisps
Pepsi Co subsidiary Frito-Lay has announced its intention to market reduced-fat crisps from December this year. The company will launch Lay's Reduced Fat crisps, which will have 25% less total fat and 60% less saturated fat than regular Lay's crisps. Frito-Lay will also launch Cheetos Reduced Fat snacks, which will contain 50% less total fat and 70% less saturated fat than regular Cheetos. The reduced-fat crisps are likely to cost 5-10% more than the regular versions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund