USA: Frito-Lay to launch reduced-fat crisps
Pepsi Co subsidiary Frito-Lay has announced its intention to market reduced-fat crisps from December this year. The company will launch Lay's Reduced Fat crisps, which will have 25% less total fat and 60% less saturated fat than regular Lay's crisps. Frito-Lay will also launch Cheetos Reduced Fat snacks, which will contain 50% less total fat and 70% less saturated fat than regular Cheetos. The reduced-fat crisps are likely to cost 5-10% more than the regular versions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast