FRANCE/SAUDI ARABIA: Fromageries Bel expands in Saudi Arabia
just-food.com has just learned that Fromageries Bel , the major French dairy group, has started having jar cheese produced in Saudi Arabia. Fromageries Bel has hooked up with SNZMP , the local New Zealand Milk Products subsidiary. The news comes as a number of Western food manufacturers step up their investment in the markets of the Middle East. Factors including the liberalisation of import regimes and investment laws for foreign companies and a boom in advertising are fuelling the interest of foreign majors. Just last week, for example, Danone announced the acquisition of a controlling stake in Saudi Arabia's second largest fresh dairy,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations